Saturday, January 2, 2010

Beyond The Ouroboros

Over the course of the last couple of months I've been working on a story. I've been making mental notes, doing some very rough research and generally thinking about where this story could go and what it could be. It feels like the time has come to start drafting the story; to type down the words that have been whizzing around my head for all of these months.

I don't want to give away too much of the story away but it is about a middle aged man who is never named. We see the world through his eyes. UPATE: I've now released an early draft of the prologue so that you can get more of a feeling about where this is going. You can download and read it here.

The writing of this story takes place here on my laptop. Words will be typed and the story will be shared, in one form or other when it is finally completed which, I suppose, is the typical process of writing a story. I would, however, like to do a little more. Because I know how the story will be written I'd like to create, or even co-create an additional narrative stream that I will be using not only for research purposes but to introduce a range of characters, narratives and settings that won't actually be described in the final story.

"Beyond The Ouroboros" will become a selection of short stories from characters that will appear in the final story, but never actually find a voice. The short stories may, or may not be connected. Only time will tell.

I'd also like to open up my research for discussion and involvement. I'd like you to get involved too. I've recently discovered that FriendFeed (thank you David)is perfect for collecting, discussing and sharing research and you are more than welcome to join the Beyond The Ouroboros FriendFeed group to comment on the stories that will appear here and contribute research that you may think is useful or interesting.



If you're new to FriendFeed, here's a video that shows you how you can get involved:

Using FriendFeed from Marcus Brown on Vimeo.



All of the work created here is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license and you are actively encouraged to take, rework and develop your own work based upon any of the stories that appear here, as long as you apply to the rules of that license.

It would be fantastic if you could spread the word about this project and it would be wonderful if you could get involved.

Much love,
Marcus.